I was flipping through my notebooks (I have two big ones, a pocket-sized one, and three small Moleskine journals, plus my organizer. Yes, I know.) for some notes I jotted down and came across an entry I made in January. No date to it, but I knew I wrote it in January because they were obviously resolutions—or at least goals I wanted to follow this year. It’s now halfway through 2008 and the day after Independence Day so what better time to take stock of what I’ve made of myself so far. So here’s my entry last January—with comments on where I’m at right now:
It’s the start of the year. Getting older (waah!). Some goals for 2008 that I must follow:
1. Get better organized. Have more efficient time management. This is still a struggle, but I’m getting better at this. I’m still queen of the procastinators, though.
2. Write more. I AM writing more. And it’s even the kind of writing that I like doing and that I’m proud of, so I guess, I am fulfilling this goal.
3. Do more. Whine less. I think I’m doing more. I’m pushing myself beyond my comfort levels, I think. And I do whine less, although it is a temptation to just sit and complain. The thing about whining, though, is it takes too much energy that I’d rather spend doing something else.
4. Lose weight. Get healthy!! Haha, failed in this area. Will have to start yoga next week (ahem, Mabes?) and I need a physical checkup, I think. This year, I’ve been plagued with more and more health issues. I really am getting older (waah!)
5. Connect more. With family. With friends. With the community. I’m trying, but I do need to see my family more often, and I should insist on keeping in touch with friends as well. But I don’t think I’ve done anything that improved my community. Does contributing to barangay libraries count?
Hmm, it’s obvious I need to do more but I guess two out of five is a start.