Disjointed stuff going through my mind today….
1. It’s summer already. Got out of the house at 7.30am this morning and the air was so still and warm, like walking through a late afternoon patch of sunlight. It promises to be a hot day…
2. Or not. It’s now 10.07am according to the time on my computer and it’s raining! Weird weather. I’ve a presscon to go to in 30 minutes and I hate travelling in the rain. My cute shoes will get wet!
3. Just had a meeting with our graphics designer. The next month or so is going to be hell. I’ll be working on two back to back issues (June and July) almost simultaneously. There’s a gnawing pit in my stomach at the thought.
4. To top it all, I also need to do the company report. Got “horse-traded” among the bosses and I wasn’t really given much choice. It was a case of, “Tag, you’re it!” Thank God, I know how to do annual reports. I’d be dead for sure if I had to start from scratch. Doing all those annual reports at UA&P has paid off, big-time!
5. Got an email inviting me to yoga today. Of two minds about signing up. Depends on the time and how much it is. I have a feeling I may need some stress relief pretty soon and this comes at the right time.
6. What’s rojak and will I like it if I tasted it? Friends say I won’t. The big news here is that a rojak stall owner will be prosecuted after many customers came down with a bad case of food poisoning. Around 154 customers got food poisoning—eight had to be hospitalized and two died. Yikes.
7. Still reeling at the deadlines for the June and July issues. I am now officially on red alert mode. Haven’t hit the panic button yet, but will pretty soon…
8. At least I have two things to look forward to this week: Dinner with the girls at Rasa Shangri-La tomorrow evening and lunch at the new Pinoy resto Bonifacio on Saturday. Can’t wait!