Last Sunday, I was having a Whatsapp convo with Mina, Karen and Chiquit (like we do) about what to have for lunch. It being a weekend, we were all in our respective places but managed to have an utterly weird, funny conversation about… stuff. Most of it centering on food, and hunger and the fact that we were all lazy to get up and cook.
As a result of that conversation, I ended up hankering for corned beef pasta. So last night, I finally gave in to the urge and made some. I’m publishing the recipe here, though I am not sure about the measurements because I generally just guess.
Lazy corned beef pasta
1 can corned beef
pasta (around 2 cups, if using the short ones)
1 can spaghetti sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tomato (optional)
Italian seasoning or mixed herbs
chilli flakes (optional)
1. Cook pasta according to package instruction. While the pasta is boiling, get about half a cup of the liquid to save for later. Drain and run pasta under cold water so it doesn’t cook too much. Set aside.
2. In a skillet, saute the corned beef in garlic, onions and tomato.
3. Dump package of spaghetti sauce into the corned beef, stirring constantly. Add some water into the can to clean out bits of the sauce and add that to your mixture. Let this simmer and thicken for awhile.
4. Add the mozarella into the sauce. Stir and let simmer until sauce thickens some more.
5. Turn off heat and pour sauce over pasta, adding a bit of the pasta water so pasta isn’t so dry.
6. Garnish with parmesan and serve.